Saturday, April 19, 2008

So She's 38....big deal

Son: Have you heard this song? *tuning radio in kitchen to match his bedroom station*
Me: mm-mm. (no) *listening closer now* It sounds like Mariah Carey to me.
Son: Mariah Carey?? I don't think so.
Me: Hmmm. (it was early, people. I'm not a morning person) Do you like it?
Son: yeah. Mariah Carey's old. I don't think they'd be playing her music on Z103.
Me: *perking up* Mariah Carey's old???
Son: yeah.
Me: *trying not to get bent out of shape* She has a new album coming out and it's supposed to be really good. (he obviously has not been sick and lying on the couch for the past two days watching Oprah and American Idol)
Son: Oh that's great. That means they'll play the song to DEATH and then I'll hate it.
Me: You could listen to country for a while. Hehe.
Son: *stares, raises one eyebrow* (I don't where he gets that from. I can't raise ONE eyebrow)
Radio: *Cheezy radio announcer voice* That was Mariah Carey singing "ByeBye". Her new album is out today and it's gonna be HUGE!!
Me: *smirking*
Son: See ya! *goes to school*
Me: *yelling out the back door* Hey, Tony Bennett is old!
Son: huh??
Me: Have a good day. Remember who you are and what you smell like. (inside joke)
~Des

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA HA....I can totally relate.

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete