Monday, September 7, 2009

Crayon Roll-Ups -- Let's Color!


Stocked up on crayons too, so we could make lots of crayon roll-ups. I've seen these everywhere. They are fun to make and give!

Met with some friends & since I wanted to work on my own projects & not their's all night -- I made up a sheet to give them. Generous or selfish?? :-) Thought I could share it with you. I'm not a pattern designer, so please be kind. Crayon roll-ups pdf/tutorial. It's over on the sidebar.


The directions tell you how to make it with interfacing (works well with or without, just depends if you like the stiffer feel. I like it, but I don't think my 3 year old cares. Harry likes the black one.)



Thought I'd try my Dick & Jane laminated cotton for the back part. It worked really well. The laminate just makes it so that when putting the crayons in & out, the fabric doesn't get marked up. The white piece is the laminated cotton. If anyone would like a kit, contact me, I still have some of the white laminate, plus the one in the store.


Forgot to take a picture before everyone all left, but here's some of what they made. For beginners, with my helpful? instructions, it took about 2 hours to make 2 of them.


I think these roll-ups would be fun to give out on Halloween. They'd be darling out of:

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! A good excuse to buy Back to school crayons too. Now...who can I give these to? I don't have Trick or Treaters and don't know many in the coloring age. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute, I love the fabrics you used.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute treat for Halloween. and very nice job on the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Super cute and the halloween ones would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute and what a great idea to give them out at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made some of these to give for the joyschool valentine exchange. They were so easy (and I'm a beginner) Great tutorial! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete