Thursday, December 19, 2013

Zig Zag

I have the opportunity to work with 
four wonderful ladies at Church. 
We spend a lot of time together and 
they do so much for me to make my work load lighter. 
So what better way to say Thank you 
and Merry Christmas??
A Quilt. 

With my love of vintage sheets
 I thought this would be a great way to show them off. 

I chose to do lap quilt size.  
It's 50" x 72".
Each one is a little different as to how 
much sheet was on top and bottom. 

There are 30" of chevrons and then you 
can break up the other 42" any way you want. 

I've written up some instructions for you.  
They assume you know how to 
rotary cut and piece. 
The instructions are also written so you 
can just buy yardage that will work instead of sheets. 

Zig Zag Pattern Here 

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!





17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, thank you!

    Merry Christmas to you all, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so so pretty. Have a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - these are beautiful! I really enjoy your blog and your work. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a great way to use vintage sheets and a simple but lovely pattern. Thanks and have a very Merry Christmas - Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this pattern. Merry Christmas. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a mad genius Des! I dont have any bed sheets, but I have fabric! thanks for the pattern and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those ladies are blessed! The quilts are gorgeous!!! Bonus for us, we get the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to see your beautiful family! You're a genius -- those quilts are beautiful -- and perfect for gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pic!! TKP

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very sweet of you. Thank you, and I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. isnt it wonderful to have others help lighten your load? You dont see that kind of help anymore. barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilts. Thanks so much for the pattern. I'll be making one next year. Doesn't that sound like it's far away!!
    Patty
    paweis at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky ladies! They are darling, darling, darling. Man, you find the best sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! What a beautiful gift! And thank you for the pattern... When this little one grows up I might get to quilt again! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been saving up some vintage sheets and never thought of using a zig zag pattern for them! Thanks for the great idea and your pattern is the perfect size quilt :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I have some vintage chenille and flannel sheets I would to use this pattern on. When I click on the pdf file it says I need permission. Please May I!!

    ReplyDelete