Tuesday, March 18, 2008

All this talk of Freshcut made me think of one of my favorite quilts from last year. (If i could only take pictures like Heather, sigh)It was the annual "Bill's Babe's" (don't ask) retreat and our block exchange was inspired by a Denyse Schmidt quilt. Brilliant Betsy came up with a great pattern and tutorial and we were off! As I was making my blocks I was feeling greedy and didn't use near enough Freshcut in my blocks. I just couldn't bear to part with it. Do you have a hard time cutting into some of your fabric? Is it just me? I have the same problem with some of my Amy Butler pieces. So I repented and threw 4 of my favorite Amy Butler pieces on the back. Now, I can love both the front and the back.
~Des

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I love the fact that they are versatile! I admire quilters so-o-o much! One day I hope to be able to achieve something as beautiful. Right now, I can't even sew a button on a shirt. LOL

    ReplyDelete