Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Bill Time~

While everyone else is wandering the aisles at Quilt Market (Houston, Texas) this week, we will be roaming the beautiful countryside of Driggs, Idaho! You haven't heard about Driggs? You don't know where it is? Think....close to Jackson Hole.
We go to Bill's Place. It's our annual Bill's Babe's Quilt Retreat. Bill is never there. In fact, we've never met Bill. We just send him our money and he allows us to run-amuk. Well, not amuk.....completely. Here's last year's fiesta! Karebear made us all these cute little levi aprons with scissors attached. (note to self: don't forget to pack that)


We are educated women and like to express ourselves through the alphabet.

Spell it with me: B-I-L-L



We also like to manifest our feelings through posing.

Most everyone will get lots of work done. Most of these good women are very prolific. I'll have much show and tell for you next week. We are having a most excellent 'exchange' this year which is my brilliant brain child. I never said I was humble.



Hold your breath! I will have another post in a few hours on all that I hope to achieve at this most delightful of gatherings!! I know, you don't want to leave your computer!

I wish we could squeeze you in. It truly is the most fun I have all year.

Gab, Eat, Sew. Pretty much in that order.

('nother note to self: don't forget Mamma Mia Soundtrack)

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I can't wait to see what is accomplished during your retreat and what your exchange is all about. I do hope you do a video of the sisters singing along to Mamma Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had fun! But I cant believe you for got the Mama Mia sound track! That would have made for some great pictures! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks like so much fun - I wish I were going too! Have a great time - stay up late, eat lots of junk, and tell an almost-naughty story or two lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun. Love that apron made from jeans! Do you have directions for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy: Maybe I can get Karebear to do a little tutorial for us. She just had a bunch of leftover jeans so she cute out the back pockets with the belt loops and then put binding all the way around it. Made a little belt out of cute 30's material and we wrapped it around. too cute!! I'll try and get a good pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you a fantastically wonderful, productive retreat. Looks like you ladies have a blast! Ooh if those walls could talk! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! I wish I were there! I love the jeans aprons. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for retreat!!!!!!!!! love ya shelto

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such cute pictures. How fun. I can't think of many things I'd rather do. My MIL is from Driggs/Sugar City. Her maiden name is even Ricks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to come...I want to play:) Love the pictures. You look like you will have lots of fun...can't wait to see when you come back:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay the first thing I have to ask is HOW DID YOU FORGOT MAMA MIA!!!!?!?!?!? :) Looks like a smashing good time was had by all. I want to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gals! Looks like you're having a great time. Miss y'all! ~T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute aprons! Do I see a tutorial in the making???

    You girls look like you may be a bit CRAZY! I love it. Our Wacky Pack quilters are getting ready for our annual retreat next week end. Looks like ya'll would fit right in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I missed out on all this fun, I will never know...heh I am prolific...see I can even spell it lol...great shots..love the humor

    ReplyDelete