Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Pie King

There are few things I love more than a man in the kitchen.
Since I was sick over Thanksgiving I never got around to making Greg's favorite pie, Apple. All the ingredients have been sitting around and 2 weeks later he said,
"Can I make it?"
Music to my ears.
I wish I would have gotten a picture of him slicing the apples.
He's a little Cave Man-ish but we'll work on it.
Greg humored me with a little shake of pecans. He is not a lover of pecans. How sad for him.
We tried a new recipe this year, Pioneer Woman's Scrumptious Carmel Apple Pie with her Perfect Pie Crust.
I had great success with her pie crust this year. I think it's a keeper.

We took a little taste when it came out of the oven.

It turned out okay. It was missing something.......it looked like her picture but we had butter issues and frankly, I taste a lot of flour. So something went amiss.
But we shall persevere.
Greg thinks he can make anything now and that's just the way I like it.
Can you say, Sunday Dinner??
I'll do the dishes.


  1. Did you have ham sandwiches with it?

  2. Love the photos! And what a good lookin kid! Who bakes pies too! ;o) I have tried many of Pioneer Woman's recipes and love em all! The bacon wrapped club crackers are to die for! Happy Holidays! ooxx`jod

  3. What I love:
    The Mickey Mouse coasters
    The Christmas S&P
    The quilt in the background
    The fact that he can bake a pie.

    Just awesome!

  4. Oh my, I need those Disney plates! Do you know where they came from? I have a friend with a real fetish and I am always looking for something new to add to her collection.
    And its Thursday!

  5. Where did you get the Disney plates?
    What fun! Cute photos!

  6. How fun for him! I love to see a young man in the kitchen. One of my sons loves to cook. Very good when he gets married.

  7. We will look the other way on the Caveman-ish tendencies if he can cook!!! Encourage him - LOTS!

  8. Can he come to my house and show my boys a trick or two! I'm going to have to try that pioneer woman recipe, so thanks for the heads up on that one!!

  9. I love it! He's so big. Where did all these big handsome young men come from!?!?