Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fish Food

I realize that you are not overly enthusiastic about my cooking skills.
It's okay, I can handle it.
But in an effort to toot my own horn, and believe me, my horn needs tooting when it comes to cooking.......I have to talk about my skills in the kitchen. I'm learning late in life the joys of feeding your family. I also am addicted to my freezer club like Edward's addicted to Bella. 'Nuf said.

A few years ago Mike and I celebrated our anniversary with a little trip to Olive Garden. I ordered the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Italian Vegetables. It was heavenly. Went home googled it and found the
RECIPE!!! It did not disappoint. I've served it for a few dinner parties as well as fixed it numerous times for the freezer club.

I only had zuchinni and red onion this night, but it's so pretty with the squash and red pepper too. I also, substituted an awesome garlic basil pasta from Trader Joes. Yum!


A couple of freezer tips:
(just pretend like your eyes aren't glazed over with boredom. I know you come here for quilting, but we HAVE to eat, CJ)

~Since I'm going to be freezing the fish anyway for the club, I just buy the tilapia already frozen at Sam's Club instead of buying it fresh.
~While the fish is still frozen, add the alfredo sauce and topping. Flash freeze so they can be put in a bag together without sticking to each other.
~Thaw on a cookie sheet and then they're ready to cook for the regular time.
~You can buy a pretty good zuchinni and squash mix in the frozen vegetable section at the grocery store to put with. The fresh stuff is 10 times better, but when it isn't an option this isn't too bad.


I'm only here to feed one family at a time.
Thanks for humoring me.

9 comments:

  1. Uhmmm, that sound yummy! I have some tilapia in the freezer right now, I might try this out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No complaints from me! I am going to try this recipe out this week! I enjoy your blog no matter what you're writing about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crud...did it again. That was me with the anonymous comment.
    Someday I"ll get this blogging stuff figured out..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy. I agree fresh veggies are much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so good! We are trying to eat healthier around here so fish shounds good right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing recipes too. I enjoy hearing about other people's successes in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm. This freezer club stuff I keep hearing about, I need to see if anyone around here does that. YEARS ago, I was in something similar. I should try again.

    ReplyDelete