Monday, October 20, 2014

Candy, Smores, Gumdrops, Anyone?

 
 
My son and I found
Candy Aisle Crafts
at our library.
 
Easy, easy, simple stuff we could actually pull off.
 
Well, maybe not the cone castle,
but the rest of it,
I'm pretty sure we could do.
 
And I'm a Cub Scout Leader.
Yep, I promise to
"Do My Best!"
 
 
Oh... the motto is "Do YOUR Best!"
Close enough. 
I'm still new. 
Really I'm not,
I just don't know what I am doing!
   
Back to the book...
 
 
I think this will be awesome for Cub Scouts
and for any mom or grandma
 who wants to be amazing by
making
candy circus animals
 
 
or
a gum drop zoo.
 
 
We are testing out
the Monster S'mores.
 
 
You don't need much.
 
I tried mini m and m's and they work!
So my little Cubs can each have a color
 and we'll know whose is whose.
[That's a big deal; we're also going to practice
 hand washing today :).]
 
 
Aren't they scary??  ?
 
 

He said,
"This is good."
 
And
there you have it.
 
 
 
Update:  Home from Scouts.  Wow.  This rocked.  It's the best group kids' food craft. 
Turn on the broiler.  I had ingredient kits in baggies for each child, then they put them together, put on a cookie sheet (with parchment paper or a Silpat), and broil for 45 seconds.  Brilliant.  
45 seconds and it's done.  Instant treats!

13 comments:

  1. Yeah for the "doable" projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I would love this book myself...I have never in my life have had a smores...I think i am missing something..your young master is very photogenic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Monster Smores---they look good, they taste good and what fun for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passing it on to my kid's scout leader - and totally buying that book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE IS SO VERY CUTE!!! Did you have them sing the ABCs while lathering their hands????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I didn't follow them in, I had to take their word for it. But that's a great idea to do with my guy.

      Delete
  6. I would love that book! I've been-there-done-that with the cub scout thing and that book would have been great. Cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those s'more monsters! I think I'll have to make them on Halloween. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Corrie Dawn!! My mouth is watering for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun -- you're THE best mom EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete