Friday, June 27, 2008

Denyse Schmidt is in the HOUSE!

We're so excited about this new line of Home Dec Fabric from Denyse Schmidt. We're throwing a 20% off sale for County Fair today only until 8pm tonight (Mountain Standard Time). It's not advertised in the store. If you want in on the One Day Sale only, write to Corrie at quilttaffy@fiberpipe.net . Do Not Buy it out of the store if you want it on sale. :)

Oh, you wanted to know more about it?? Well, let me tell you! County Fair is perfect for all of your quilting, accessory, home decorating, and apparel projects. Vintage-inspired patterns and hues evoke blue-ribbon pies, parlour dances, and fiddle music on the front porch. It features favorite Denyse Schmidt prints in sunny new colors printed on 54"-wide, home decorative- weight cotton canvas. Can you see Pillows, Totes, Jackets and Chair Coverings???? Oh, I can. I can even see some Alphabet Friends out of that cute dot!

I need a quilt for a friend for her birthday. QUICK. It's in July. She has always wanted a nice levi quilt for all the football and baseball games we sit through in the Idaho weather. I've always wanted to make her one and now I'm thinking I just found my ticket out of THAT project!! I'm thinking of the cheater panel in the middle. (it's 54" wide, perfect!) And then throw on some borders, maybe fussy cut one of these 'blocks' for corner posts and I. AM. GOOD.TO.GO!! Throw some flannel on the back and it's WAY better than a levi quilt!! Still has the heavier weight that you get from a levi quilt in about 100 LESS hours. Happy Birthday Friend! STILL made with love. Lots of love! ~ Des


4 comments:

  1. I love sales! I love fabric! That new line is shore purdy. I MUST RESIST! I MUST! I have to sew,sew,sew the next few weeks - diminish the stash,make room for more :D Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea. I haven't seen such good cheater cloth in years. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your blog. Where is your store located so if I am in the area I can visit. Soon to be living in Idaho.
    Anita
    http://anitas-bedofroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I've signed up for the Summer Stash Challenge too. There are so many beautiful fabrics out there that I seem to have collected quite a few that will be "useful one day".

    Those "Fresh Squeezed" fabrics are perfect for the Summer- lovely table runer.

    Best Wishes,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete