Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My New Home Office

I've been 'offline' for a bit while Mike, AKA Super Hubby, sets up a 'network' in the house. We have now stepped into the 21st century with WIRELESS internet access throughout the house! I'm Ecstatic! Delirious! Enraptured! Any other synonym you can think of for ecstatic, yep, that's me!! I can read, surf, blog, design, cut and paste all from the comfort of my bed. I plan on doing a LOT of napping work here.


I won't want to be too far from you when I'm slaving over a hot stove.
I would have a picture of the laptop on the stove but it would have involved steel Brillo pads and I just couldn't go there today. This corner was much tidier.


Just in case I have a thought I want to share with y'all during dinner, I now can.
It IS your lucky day.




I can tell you one location and one person that will NOT be using my new laptop... (yes, it's new. I know it's not cute and orange and slim and trim. It's refurbished and chubby, like me, and it runs faster than a gazelle, NOT like me, and it only cost me $300!!)... this is the last time I will ever see Marsha on the family room couch with said laptop. Can you say, "dishwasher"?



I plan on doing a lot of living in here......with my laptop .............. and you.

Perhaps I should get a life, you say??

Well, I say..."Is this heaven?"


"No, it's your living room."

13 comments:

  1. love the pics...you are such a crackup:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that's pretty darn close to heaven! LOL. Congrats on good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wireless internet is definitely cool to have! I love the fact that I see a gorgeous quilt in almost every picture. I need to take a quilting class...or just make a friend in "real life" that will make one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congratulations!! I couldn't live without my laptop and wireless. Truly! Even now I am on the couch with my legs stretched out, morning coffee next to me. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wireless internet is wonderful! I don't know what I would do without it. Also I love your napkin holder. Is that a "Hidden Mickey" like they have at Walt Disney World?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wireless is definately nice. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the wireless world! You are so funny. We have wireless in this house but I don't like the keyboard on the laptops so I sit at my desk. The kids can go all over the place though. Maybe if I could get used to the keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilts in the backgrounds of the pictures.

    My secret thrill? Hitting that "print" button from anywhere in the house and knowing it will be there on the printer. I'm so easily amused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe me, the computer dummy, had wireless before you well anyways congrats. I love my wireless espically on cold and snowy days when I don't feel like getting up out of bed, oh, that almost could have been today minus the snow love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're so funny. i luv my laptop because i can close it flat. but i like it in one spot all plugged in. it makes a pretty good dvd player away from home. or as my niece used to call hers "a dvd for one".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting wireless! We are definately spoiled around here with ours, but I don't move my laptop around like I use to. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go girl! I switched last year to a laptop and I will never go back. Although I only ever use it standing at the counter because heaven forbid if I actually SIT down. As soon as I do I have at least on kid after me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I should be happy for you but darn it, I'm so jealous. I want to blog in my jammies in the kitchen when ever a witty thought strikes me. Am I the last dinosaur with dial-up?

    ReplyDelete