Friday, September 30, 2011

To Retreat

 re-treat [ree-treet]
verb
to treat again

According to Webster's Dictionary, 
I am right on course. 
I find that every Fall I need to treat myself 
again to a secluded getaway with dear friends 
(and deer friends), 
good food and lots of sewing.  

Bear Lake with all of it's wildlife 
and water is just the place 
for a bunch of lazy peeps 
who need to constantly 
re-treat themselves. 

This is how we spell re-TREAT. 

This is how we sew at the RE-treat. 

We love to Re-Treat ourselves up and down the stairs and pet our projects on the way. 
We must RETREAT ourselves every year 
with the annual Love Gift fest.  

I'll be treating you later to all the goodness. 
So I guess it will be a RE-treat for you too!!

We had a REAL treat this year, 
with a new friend.  
Natty Bat was live from the internet!
She wasn't scary or anything.  
But don't try this at home. 

I'm not big on wildlife but they sure were friendly this year. 

They warmed up over time. 


Pretty soon, they made themselves at home. 

This Doe was quite the looker.  
She might be invited back. 
Then she could RE-treat, too. 

9 comments:

  1. I always look forward to hearing about your retreats. Mama Mia exercise video STILL comes to mind and makes me laugh. Where is Corrie? I hope she got to retreat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...what fun! I love the space you're working in...and how much fun it looks like you had! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I forgot my whole bit on Corrie!! She was MIA. That's why I had to go to the internet to find someone to take her place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Funny friends. And I LOVE that house quilt on the stairwell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So regretting that I missed the party. CJ missed me. I love the totally empty, messy work room. Will I ever make it back on the 'invite list'? You are like Heidi Klum, "One day you're in & the next you're out."

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place for a retreat, looks like you all had a lot of fun too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha -- looks like you guys had a great time. What could be better than to be with Does who Sew? (Perhaps a new name for the group? Hmmm???)

    And WHAT, exactly, are you doing in that spelling picture????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear you had me at hello and join in the fun...I would have loved to have subbed for Corrie...lol you dears know how to have fun..great shots.

    ReplyDelete