Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Butterflies

 Another do.good Stitches quilt.  

I was the quilter for March, which means I pick the project, sew it together and quilt it. 
I have been eying these butterflies for a few years and I was so excited to finally try them out. 
Great tutorial here

Didn't want a square baby quilt so I decided to add borders to just the top and bottom.  And then I'm a sucker for a nice scalloped edge.  
Here's how I do it. 

This quilt will be given to our local community humanitarian center that serves all the churches and agencies in our corner of Idaho.  


Thank you to all the good ladies of the
FAITH circle on Do. Good. Stitches. 
Here's a peak at some of the 
finished quilts from this Flickr bee.


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful ! I love the scalloped edges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful quilt! Fabrics are perfect choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure someone would be cheered up to receive such a pretty quilt. I liked that you made all the butterfly bodies yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect fabric for the back, I love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. scalloped edges are just precious...love these butterflies! machine Des...you are humming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The borders really finish it off - super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very sweet quilt to share. love the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scalloped edges are just fabulous! Cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful! Good job! Love the borders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, one of my favorite quilts I've made, too. I like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, this one I love most of all..it is bright, filled with a lot of kid thoughts and imagination...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love this! And the borders are perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute quilt!! I love the fabric used for the back! :)

    ReplyDelete