Saturday, October 8, 2016

Cross Weave Ideas - what to make?

 
Great pieces to use for backgrounds or
in place of linen.  
 
There's a cozy warmth to it, and
it's a nice break from white.
 
What should we make?
Let's look at some projects...
 
Hexie purse by taunjalynn

Ombre Stitches by insidethepaperbox

Wool Block of the Month by mahquilter
 
Strawberries - cotton_contessa
 

Alphabet - alatimer

Purple clutch by poppylanestitches

 
And these two are by Camille - thimbleblossoms

 
I'm going to make Camille's Dwell pattern from her
Simply Retro book
with black cross weave as the background


 
with Zen Chic's solid bundle for the houses.
 
I'm excited to work with these solids and to
make a house quilt.
 
It's going to be gift for an old neighbor.
Just need to figure out priority wise where it fits. :)

 
Yardage and the Zen Chic bundle are in the shop!
 
What would you make with it? 
Or what have you made?

 

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun fabric to work with. I do have specialty fabrics to make special projects, need to decide what and do lots of winter sewing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered some Cross Weave and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of using it to make Dwell. I made Dwell over the summer using Ombre solids. Is the Cross Weave a thicker weight than regular quilting cottons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your Dwell. It seems just a little thicker than normal weight.

      Delete
  4. I love it all! Wow! Please do not I repeat, do not give that quilt away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects Corrie -- thanks for sharing them. I always need ideas for using fabrics that are just a little bit "different"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. let's see, first Iove the colours...and great project ideas...I would possibly make new curtains ...I love making valences, so these would be great to keep the cold out, I would hem it with a nice butter cream material....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great ideas for using that fabric. I love it on that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete