Thursday, January 4, 2018

Scalloped Christmas Surprise


Probably around 2008, my oldest daughter,
who was barely in high school
wanted to make a quilt
out of these pretty pretty fabrics.


 She pieced together the top.
Pattern is from Livin' Large
by Anka's Treasures.
And it has sat for 9 years,
good grief.
She talked about finishing it;
I talked about finishing it.
 
No one finished it.
 
I had a few goals for this past fall and
this was one of them.

I added borders to the top and bottom,
pieced the flannel back,
had it machine quilted
and then I
 scalloped and bound it.

Scalloping with the
by Darlene Zimmerman
was well,
easy.
 
It's done,
and I absolutely adore it.
Scallops are going to be
my new best friend.


Needless to say,
she was VERY surprised and happy
Christmas morning.
 

~Corrie

4 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous and I love the scallops. I'll bet she was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Corrie! What a great finish! I have that scallop tool, but haven't used it in years. I should do it again one of these days!

    ReplyDelete