Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Baby Roboto


My next baby quilt.....
I had some of the great Robot fabric 
from David Walker that I have been 
waiting to use for just the right project.

 
  
I wanted to try one of those 
Half-Rectangle Triangles quick tip. 
Didn't love the outcome.  
I like my points to match up 
and it didn't leave much room 

for seam allowance on some of these blocks.  But you know.....it still 
turned out great and what 
was I so worried about?! 


I did find this tutorial recently and she seems to have figured it all out!

This quilt is going to a cute, 


little baby boy who's 
parents are at 
BYU. 
Rise and Shout the Monkeys are out!! :)

Glasses fabric here.
Monkey info here.

Come hang out with us and make baby quilts, monkey heads or whatever suits your fancy!
Join us at our 3rd Annual Craft Taffy Retreat. 
See here for more information.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link ... sure makes sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little baby quilt -- it's perfect! And I LOVE the little monkey with the Y!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the quilt and monkey rattle are cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too adorable. Lucky parents & lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make a baby boy quilt before August. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one - I'm really late on a baby quilt since he's coming this week so this would be a great one to make quickly! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful baby quilt! (And if you hadn't said something about the points, I'd have never noticed.) I hope this becomes baby's favorite blankie!

    ReplyDelete